The Management of the JMB has been monitoring, with concern, the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19, and wish to assure you that we are focussed on the safety and welfare of our staff and all our stakeholders. We have met to initiate a disaster management protocol and implement measures to minimise the risks.
At present, our office remains open and is operational with a skeletal staff and we will continue to serve our external stakeholders, unless and until circumstances prevent us from continuing to do so, at which time we will communicate the alternative.
In an effort to help stakeholders from being unnecessarily exposed to the coronavirus, COVID-19, we would prefer to limit person to person contact, but remain available in the event, that is required. In compliance with the Government’s order to observe social distancing, we ask that you call the Bank in advance to book an appointment so that your interaction can be streamlined and the number of personal contact points minimized. We have arranged for some staff to work remotely as we have the technological ability to do so, for those aspects of the business that can be conducted electronically.
We have initiated measures to minimise health and safety risks, including the provision of:-
- ongoing awareness, information and updates
- tips on good hygiene relating to the spread of COVID-19
- enhanced cleaning measures at our location for the duration of the outbreak
- hand sanitizers to all employees
- implementation of improved sanitation measures within the location
- Protective gear where necessary/appropriate
Please continue to follow advisories provided by the Jamaican Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW) and other government agencies and international bodies such as World Health Organization (WHO), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and Centre for Disease Control (CDC), that provide information on best practice to contain the spread including those relating to travel which recommends the limiting of non-essential travel, both local and overseas.
We encourage all persons to be and remain vigilant in your awareness of COVID-19 symptoms and preventative measures, which include:
- Washing your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when needed
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow
- Avoid touching your face
- Gargle with warm salt water
- Drink a lot of water
- Increase Vitamin C intake
We anticipate that through observation and practice of the protocols advised, we will achieve success in defeating COVID-19.
Should you wish to make contact and are unsuccessful via our main telephone lines (876-929-6350-2), please liaise with the following Managers:
- General Manager – Courtney.Wynter@jmb.gov.jm
- Director, Business Operations (Projects/Construction Financing)- Patricia.Burke@jmb.gov.jm
- Legal Officer – Donna.Samuels-Stone@jmb.gov.jm
- Human Resources & Administration – Denise.Bryson-Hinds@jmb.gov.jm
- Finance & Accounts – Sherry-Ann.Johnson-Hylton@jmb.gov.jm